Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Three-Colored Flags

Last week, I've been seeing flags, banners, and colored plastic strips around.

I didn't give too much thought about it at first. Then I noticed that these colored ribbons and flags seem everywhere. In trucks, tricycles, pedicabs, jeepneys, streets, cars, buildings, etc. You won't fail to notice the red in the flag, then your curiosity will lead you to another two colors: white and green. My brain gave me flashes of words, figures, flags, colors, countries, and signs. Italy. Three colors of the Italian flag.

Are we having a visit from an Italian leader?

Are we welcoming someone important from Italy?

Is there a Filipino-Italian Friendship Day being established now by the current government?

Worst: Are we being invaded by Italy?

Or maybe, an Italian Restaurant will be having a grand opening here.

Perhaps Sbarro is conducting a nationwide search for a new talent?

Then I asked my friend. She said that the three-colored flags being displayed around were from Iglesia Ni Cristo, as part of their 95th Anniversary Celebration.

Oh! So there's the real answer.

Well, I just missed watching news for a few days. ^_^


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home