Thursday, December 04, 2008

Just a 30-Second Info

I've been watching news and it seems most news take a great deal of negative recent events than positive.

No, really. It's irritating. The endless rants and raves, the presumably hocus pocus done by politicians, the obvious lies and deceit, the constant hiking prices of each and every items in the world, the gradual downfall of every nation... I mean, there's more to the world than just knowing there is something bad happening out there.

I am a very optimistic person. I never view the world as something that would soon wither and die while I am living in it (and even after I've done my share).

When TV Patrol World featured today the lengthened mall hours because of Christmas Season, I can't help but notice the positive view of the lady being interviewed. I failed to note her name and her position. She spoke in behalf of Robinsons Malls. She said that despite the world economic crisis, Filipinos still know how to budget. She said several more points that reflect her optimistic personality. She's one of the very few who spoke of something that way.

I admire those who find beauty and hope even in the nastiest and most unpleasant episodes of todays.

It seems to me that when something awful happens, it's news; if something more awful comes, it's a long-term issue; and if something delightful transpires, it's just a 15 to 30 seconds piece of information. Nice eh?


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home