Saturday, February 02, 2008

What kept me busy?

What kept me busy these past days are the following:

First – An Unaccepted Loss
My mom passed away just this January. She was confined for more than two weeks since December 2007. Close friends, teachers, relatives, neighbors, officemates, and long lost contacts were at the wake. Well, I won’t narrate too much on this coz it would really crack me again.

Second – The Hall of Documents
Documents required for our claims must be accomplished. I was almost always in the Manila city hall for this task. The thing that stole my time was the repeated need for processing a certificate, and I need a lot of certificates! Good thing I was not there during the shooting drama where two men were killed.

Third – Shopping Galore
Yeah! I was busy visiting malls before and after the First one above. I squeezed myself into the inventory sales and new arrivals. I bought 5 books of different themes and authors, bought polo shirts and undergarments, tried some new foods and indulged myself to those that I like, and purchased DVDs of my all-time favorite movies.

Fourth – Home Sweet Mess
Well, there are lots of stuffs that I need to organize around me. My computer files, my desktop (literally), my books, my bags, etc. I really have to fix my things or else my room, or rather our house, would be a big mess.

Fifth – My Written Ad (should they pay me for this?)
After all this time of not getting in touch with my crowd, and not being lucky in finding a job, let me enumerate what I enjoyed:

a. the delectable chocolates of Truffles French (Truffettes de France) have repeatedly brought me to ecstasy (Donatello, etc);

b. the luscious chocolates of Pralines Leonidas (or simply Leonidas) have beenso tempting with every bite (Champaign Truffle);

c. the yummy variation of raw nuts from House of Nuts made me come back for more (walnut, macadamia, pecan, etc.);

d. the all-appetizing aroma from the breads of Bread Talk, I can’t wait for another fresh taste (Hot Chic, Pizza Bread, etc.);

e. the flavorful sight of Sbarro recipes made me savor each of my visits;

f. the newly released books and the book sales, oh so spirit-lifting – as I said above, I bought 5 new books just this January:
1. For One More Day (Mitch Albom),
2. Malictionary 2 (Ernie Zárate),
3. Exit to Eden (Anne Rice),
4. The Metal Shredders (Nancy Zafris),
5. White Darkness (Steven D. Salinger);

g. the pending books I have yet to read:
1. Day Watch (Sergei Lukyanenko),
2. Twilight Watch (Sergei Lukyanenko),
3. The Feast of All Saints (Anne Rice) [tnx gau!];

h. the series marathon and other movies:
1. Heroes,
2. Prison Break,
3. Alias,
4. CSI: Miami,
5. Kyle KX,
6. Rome;

i. the coin purse collection – oh I’ve worn out my two hand-stitched coin purses [sorry yei];

j. the tasty pretzels from Auntie Anne’s and the sweet tiny cookies from Mrs. Fields greatly caught my appetite.

All these just this January? Well, I’ve got to say that this list has been filtered to make it short. And I thought the start of my 2008 was twaddle. Hehehe.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home