Monday, February 25, 2008

Pog

As I was cleaning my long forgotten cabinet, I found these!!! My pogs! These circular cardboard about 4.2 centimeters in diameter drawn with a shaggy-looking character were free from Coca-cola. A promo by Coke last 1995 (I think). Hmm, how this disc collectible came to be?

Pogs are thin, decorated cardboard discs used in a game that originated in Hawaii in the 1920s. The game began as a tropical pastime using bottle caps from a popular juice made of passion fruit, orange and guava juices--hence the word "pog." Since the 1990s, pogs have made a comeback as a fun collectible. [www.ehow.com]

We play with it by stacking them as high as we want, each player with equal share to the stack, whack it with our slammer (also a pog but made of metal; the cardboard one would also do), and we get those pogs that got thrown out of the stack. The turn ends once you got nothing after a slam. The goal is to get as many pogs as possible. [read more in www.milkcapmania.co.uk/howtoplay.html]

I never got the chance to collect all designs from Coca-cola but I kept a few myself.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home